- 1 baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 s fresh spinach, stemmed and shredded
- 1 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 s ripe tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 1 2- to 3-inch snap beans, finely chopped
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow peppers, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 s Summer Garden Dressing:
- 1 ripe tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 1 plain yogurt (non-fat works fine)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 fresh basil, stemmed and shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Spread baguette with 1/4 cup dressing on each side; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and toss gently. Layer into sandwich and wrap tightly with foil. Refrigerate sandwich pressed between two flat plates or serve immediately at room temperature. About 4 servings.
SUMMER GARDEN DRESSING Makes about 2 cups. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree to coarse paste. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 3 days.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!