- 2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add chicken, cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a 4 quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Stir pineapple juice into drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour juice mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours. Transfer chicken to a serving platter with a slotted spoon.
- Increase heat to HIGH. Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons water and corn starch in a small bowl; add to sauce in slow cooker, stirring with a whisk. Cook a few minutes until sauce thickens, stirring constantly with the whisk.
- Spoon rice on each serving plate, and top with chicken thigh and sauce. Sprinkle each with green onions.