- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
In blender, combine tomatoes, raisins, jelly, vinegar and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Pour into 1-qt. saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 3/4 cup for serving.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting grill. Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat, for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Serve with reserved sauce.
It?s easy to adjust the seasonings to suit your family?s taste. The sauce is also good on boneless skinless chicken breasts. Serves 12.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!