- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drizzle with vinegar; toss to coat.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into four slices.
- Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over cut sides of rolls.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto bottom halves; top with cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil leaves and tomato.
- Replace roll tops.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!