- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put butter in a 9 by 13 glass baking dish; bake until butter is melted.
- Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, toss peaches, blueberries, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Pour batter into dish over melted butter, but do not stir.
- Spoon fruit over batter along with 1/2 cup fruit juice from bottom of bowl. (Discard any extra juice.)
- Do not stir; bake 25 minutes, or until crust browns.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!