- 1 cup complete pancake & waffle mix (or 1 8-ounce package)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (baked or canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and stir just until large lumps disappear.
- Over-stirring will cause tough pancakes.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto skillet or electric griddle at 350°F-375°F.
- When pancakes bubble around edges and towards center, sprinkle with chopped nuts (if you choose) and flip pancakes.
- Pancake is done when bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce or syrup.