- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Oriental 5-spice seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry jam or cherry jelly
- 1-12 oz. bottle chili sauce
- 1-1.5 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Cherry juice
- Combine meatball ingredients. Make into 1-inch balls and place in frying pan.
- Combine cherry jam, lemon juice and chili sauce and pour over meatballs.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding cherry juice to make a thinner sauce if desired. Serve over rice or couscous.