- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 2 1/2 cups hot and spicy ketchup
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- Place chicken wings in two greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes; drain.
- Turn wings; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, vinegar, honey, molasses, salt, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and chili powder.
- Add liquid smoke if desired.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain wings; place a third of them in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Top with about 1 cup sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!