- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2” chunks
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 2-3 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, divided, 1/4 cup pureed
- salt and pepper to taste – 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Place potatoes, broth and garlic in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, steam potatoes until fork tender, approx. 13-16 minutes. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan.
- To a small saucepan over medium-low heat add milk, butter and both cottage cheeses. Simmer until the butter is melted and the mixture is heated through.
- Pour half the warm milk mixture over the potatoes and mash the potatoes. Continue adding milk and mashing until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chives just before serving.
Serves: 4 – 6.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!