- 1/3 light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 roasted cashews, chopped
Combine corn syrup, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and ginger; mix well. Set aside.
Trim off large leaves of broccoli; remove tough ends of lower stalks. Wash broccoli thoroughly. Cut off flowerets; set aside. Cut stalks into 1/4 inch slices; set aside.
Heat electric wok or skillet to 325° 2 to 3 minutes. Pour oil around top of preheated wok or edges of skillet, coating sides; allow to heat 1 minute. Add broccoli stems, carrot strips and onion wedges; stir-fry 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broccoli flowerets and water chestnuts; stir-fry 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Pour soy sauce mixture over vegetables, stirring well. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!