- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat or white hamburger buns, split
- Combine cabbage and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, green onion, ground ginger and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, hoisin sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and sesame oil in small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 1 burger on bottom half of each bun; top evenly with peanut butter mixture and cabbage mixture.
- Close sandwiches.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!