Ingredients For Mango-Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh (or canned in own juice) pineapple
- 1 small jalapeños, finely diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons diced Bermuda or Vidalia onion
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients For the Hawaiian Turkey Sliders:
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 gluten-free rolls or whole-grain dinner rolls
Directions to Make the Mango-Pineapple Salsa:
- In medium, non-metallic bowl, stir together the mango, pineapple, jalapeños, onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. (The salsa is best when made several hours to one day in advance.)
Directions to Make the Hawaiian Turkey Sliders:
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, garlic, ketchup, olive oil, soy sauce, cilantro, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Gently mix the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts and shape each one into a ball that is slightly smaller than a tennis ball.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten each into a patty.
- Heat a grill or barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Grill the turkey sliders until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place one lettuce leaf on the bottom of each roll.
- Serve the sliders on the rolls, topped with a dollop of mango-pineapple salsa.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!