- 1 cup uncooked small tubular pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ozs.) Italian tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. In small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into saucepan.
Transfer to greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 2 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!