- One 6-ounce can light tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded or diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 12 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork. Mix tuna, cheese, celery, light mayonnaise, dried onion, salt and pepper into a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon. Spread tuna mixture on six of the pieces of whole wheat bread and place a single slice of bread on top of each. Put each sandwich on a cookie sheet or on a square of aluminum foil, wrapping the foil around the sandwiches and folding edges securely. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!