Turkey Sausage and Egg Casserole
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. egg substitute
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2–inch cubes
- 3 precooked turkey breakfast sausage patties, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together nonfat milk, green onions, dry mustard, salt (optional), pepper, and egg substitute.
- Place bread cubes and sausage on the bottom of the baking dish, pour egg mixture evenly over bread and sausage. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!