- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 coves garlic, minced
- 1/4 freshly chopped basil (or substitute 1 1/2 tablespoons dry basil)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 links (about 1 lb.) sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into
- 1 1/2-inch slices
- 6 ozs. zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 ozs. yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Combine oil, lemon juice garlic, basil, lemon peel, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add sausage to marinade, stirring to coat; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Prepare charcoal for grilling. Alternately thread skewers with vegetables and sausage on four 10-inch metal skewers. Brush all sides with marinade.
Grill kabobs four inches from source of heat, turning once, until sausage is no longer pink in center, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!