- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ of a green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounces) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Black pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, brown meat, onion, and green pepper in vegetable oil. Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 1 hour on low heat, stirring frequently. Remove bay leaf before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!