- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Caramel frosting:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!