- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold butter
- 8 to 10 cups cubed, seeded, peeled zucchini (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; reserve 3 cups.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes (mixture will be thin).
- Spoon over crust; sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!