Wrap up paperwork during winter months



It’s hard to believe that 2010 is coming to an end. My parents always said that time would go faster as I grew older, but I never thought it would feel like the hands on the clock were spinning fast enough to feel like a fan.

Things to do

During the next couple months there are many different things you can take care of at home or at your local Farm Service Agency office to save you time at the office in the spring when you will be busy out in the fields again.

If you have Internet access you can electronically log on, fill out and print a variety of FSA paper forms in the comfort of your home as your schedule allows.

Producers can also register for secure electronic access that will allow you to electronically sign and transmit some forms directly to the county office staff.

If you are new to the website, first you will want to obtain a Level 2 USDA Service Center Customer ID and password at: www.eauth.egov.usda.gov/ and then click on “Create an Account Page” link.

USDA eAuthentication is the system used by USDA agencies to enable customers to obtain accounts that will allow them to access USDA Web applications and services via the Internet.

This includes things such as submitting forms electronically, completing surveys online and checking the status of your USDA accounts.


Currently, individual producers who have Internet access and have registered for e-authentication Level 2 may use the FSA Financial Inquiries website. Producers may sign-up for an e-authentication Level 2 Account on the www.eauth.egov.usda.gov website.

Once you have your Eauth account, you may visit the Farm Service Agency Financial Services website to generate reports that show both current and historical financial information.

Registered producers may view summary and detail information about specific payments, collections, outstanding debt (excluding loans) and CCC-1099-G.

Registered producers may enter their own information to assign a payment to a third party, request that a payment be made jointly to the producer and a third party, or route their program payments to their account at a financial institution.

If you have changed banks and not notified FSA, your payment could be delayed. Payments are electronically transferred into your bank account, if we are not aware of changes to your account and routing numbers, there could be problems.

In order to make timely payments, you need to notify the office if you close your account or if another financial institution purchases your bank


It is important that any changes in producer’s account such as type account, bank mergers, routing number or account numbers, be provided to the county office promptly to avoid possible payment delay.

If you have picked up new land or dropped land please notify the local FSA office as soon as possible. When changes in farm ownership or operation take place, a farm reconstitution is necessary.

The reconstitution — or recon — is the process of combining or dividing farms or tracts of land based on the farming operation.

That’s all for now!

FSA Andy


Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!

Previous articleWeight a minute: Feeling fit
Next articleA few basics result in great pictures
FSA Andy is written by USDA Farm Service Agency county executive directors in northeastern Ohio.



We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment policy.

Receive emails as this discussion progresses.