- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine, soft, 80% fat, melted (or butter)
- 1/4 cup stuffing, herb, dry mix, crushed
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- 2 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef (5% fat)
- Sauce Ingredients
- 36 oz. barbecue sauce, low sodium (2 bottles)
- 12 oz. apple jelly(1 jar)
- 8 oz. no-salt tomato sauce (1 can)
Mix together egg, butter, stuffing, onion soup mix, and beef. Form mixture into 1 inch meatballs.
Cook meatballs in a frying pan until just browned. Preheat oven to 350°. For Sauce: Add barbecue sauce, apple jelly, and tomato sauce to a pot and let boil. Lower heat and let simmer 10 minutes. Place meatballs into an oven safe dish and top with sauce, cover, and bake 30 minutes until meatballs are fully cooked.
Appetizer suggestion: Use pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks for easy serving. Makes 10 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 326.3 Total Carbs 41.5 g Dietary Fiber 1.2 g Sugars 32.2 g Total Fat 7 g
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!