- 4 cups low-fat, unsalted chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, fresh, medium, thinly sliced
- 14 1/2 oz. tomatoes, red, stewed, canned, crushed
- 8 oz. sausage, kielbasa, polish, turkey & beef, smoked, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 8 oz. skinless cooked turkey breast, diced (or chicken)
- 1 okra, frozen, 10oz package
- 1 cup rice, brown, whole grain, instant
Mix broth, onion, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, sausage, bay leaves, Cajun seasoning, and thyme together in a 3-quart pot and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Mix in the turkey or chicken, okra, and rice, and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaves from the soup, and throw away. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and serve. Makes 9 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 165.9 Total Carbs 16.7 g Dietary Fiber 2.4 g Sugars 3.8 g Total Fat 5.2 g
Hearty Cajun style vegetable and turkey stew.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!