- 1 lb. top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick, boneless
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 16 oz. sauerkraut, low sodium, canned, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz. fat free unsalted beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) (or more to taste)
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pinch chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
Trim fat from steak. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces and then cut each in half. In large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, half at a time, and stir-fry 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside. In same skillet, add onions, sauerkraut, paprika and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup water, tomato paste, caraway seed, red pepper and noodles, stirring to separate noodles. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat; return beef to skillet. Cover and let stand 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with sour cream. Makes 5 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 402.2 Total Carbs 34.2 g Dietary Fiber 6.4 g Sugars 8.9 g Total Fat 16.8 g
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!