- 1 12-ounce bag shredded cabbage (green or purple, or blended) 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded, sliced in to thin sticks
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced 5 medium green onions, sliced 12 leaves washed fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions for the Cole Slaw:
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl, toss
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ½ teaspoon garlic minced from jar or 1 clove minced
- 3 tablespoons white or cider vinegar ½ teaspoon white sugar, granulated
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine in small bowl and whisk well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.