- 6 whole-grain lasagna sheets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 small eggplants, peeled and diced
- 2 small carrots (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 18 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the lasagna until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain the lasagna and let it cool on a flat surface.
- While the lasagna is boiling, in a large sauté pan over moderate heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, water, eggplants, carrots, bell pepper, olives, cilantro, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, about 8 minutes.
- On a work surface, spread about 2 tablespoons of the eggplant filling over each lasagna noodle. Using about half of the total amount, divide the cheese among the lasagna noodles. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll each lasagna noodle tightly then secure with a toothpick.
- Place the lasagna rolls in a large baking dish and cover each one with some tomato sauce and the reserved cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!