Asian Cranberry-Ginger Sloppy Pockets
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 pound ground beef (85 percent lean)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 whole wheat pita pockets (6-inch diameter), cut in half crosswise, warmed
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4 inch crumbles; drain.
- Add cranberry sauce, tomato paste, honey, garlic, salt and ginger to skillet with beef; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in coleslaw mix.
- Fill warm pita pocket halves with scant 1/2 cup beef mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes