- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream, optional
Place chicken in 3-qt. slow cooker. In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies, onion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Remove chicken. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired; roll up. Serves 5 (2 tacos each).
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!