- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 butter, softened
- 3/4 plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 fully cooked ham, diced
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (1-inch pieces)
In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add 3/4 cup flour and cornmeal; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Shape dough into 18 balls. Press onto bottom and up sides of greased miniature muffin cups. In bowl, whisk egg and cream. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Add cheese and ham; mix well. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bake at 425° 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Top each tart with asparagus tip. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 17 to 20 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!