- 1 can canned, low sodium tuna drained
- 1 avocado (large) sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped red onion & celery
- 1/4 apple
- 1/8 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 ounce chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, remove skin from avocado and mash up with a fork or potato masher. Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.Add in water, dried dill, Dijon mustard, cumin, salt and pepper. Serve with few pieces of fresh romaine lettuce which can be placed on top of the tuna salad and 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (bread can be toasted)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!