- 3 1/2 pounds chicken (skinned and cut into 10 pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced, or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 4 thyme sprigs (fresh, or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 3 cups onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon (sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed)
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
- Lay chicken pieces into a 11×13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
- Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil.
- Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken.
- Top each chicken piece with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown and juices are clear colored.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!