- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (12 oz)
- 1 pound sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 8 cups (6 oz) mixed baby salad greens
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
Preheat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper until blended and smooth. Pour 2 tablespoons of the dressing into a cup and brush over the chicken and onion wedges. Let the chicken and onion stand for 5 minutes. Grill the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160° and the juices run clear, turning once. Grill the onion for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until soft. In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens, grapes, basil, and the remaining dressing until evenly coated; transfer to a platter. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange over the salad.
Produce for Better Health Foundation.