Submitted by Debra Flinner of Canton, Ohio
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard and celery salt; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken.
- In a bowl, combine paprika, turmeric and salt; rub over chicken.
- Grill chicken 20 minutes; turn and grill 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center.
- Brush on barbecue sauce the last 5 minutes of grilling.