- 8 squirrel legs (hindquarters)
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 C. catsup
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 C. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T. minced onion
- Mix all barbecue sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the squirrel, flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag and shake to coat the legs.
- Brown on both sides in a hot skillet with 1/3 C of vegetable oil.
- Place in baking dish and spoon barbeque sauce over each piece.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1.5 hours, or until tender.
- Remove the cover for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.