- 2 pounds lean hamburger or ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup milk (whole or cream)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix meatballs and make 72 walnut sized balls (any larger and sauce won’t cook through).
- Place in flat pan in a single layer.
- Mix sauce over low heat and pour 1⁄2 of mixture or less over meatballs.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Add cooled meatballs and remaining sauce to 1 gallon freezer bag and lay flat to freeze.
- Serve over rice.