- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 pounds ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- For meatballs, combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Slowly brown meatballs in butter.
- Shake pan frequently to brown evenly.
- Remove from pan.
- Blend flour into fat left in pan.
- Add bouillon cubes and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Heat meatballs in gravy.
- These freeze well.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!