- 2 pounds stew meat (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (2 cubes)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 3 potatoes (diced)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (sliced)
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and pour over meat; stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add herbs as desired: bay leaf, basil, oregano, etc.
- Stir stew thoroughly before serving.
- If using bay leaf, discard before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!