Submitted by Dawn Lichtenwalner of Dandelion Lane Farm in Leetonia, OH
- 1 Cornish game hen
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- Coat the inside of a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray, if desired.
- Sprinkle the hen liberally with salt and pepper.
- Insert herbs into cavity.
- Transfer hen to the slow cooker and place on roasting rack.
- Pour the preserves or jam over hen.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 hours.
- Taste, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over hen.