- 5 cups leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 one-half cups spinach leaves
- 1 one-half cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- One-half cup thinly sliced green onions or – medium red onion, sliced
- One-quarter cup feta cheese crumbles
- One-half cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts (toasted optional)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 one-half tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 one-half teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- One-half teaspoon salt
- Combine leaf lettuce and spinach leaves with sliced strawberries, blueberries and green onion in a large salad bowl. Prepare dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and salt; pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with feta cheese and sliced almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 1-cup servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!