- 1 package (12 oz) dried large bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted
- 6 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) chopped tomatoes
Separate roasted garlic cloves, peel, and set aside. In medium bowl, combine eggplant, vinegar, 3 Tbsp olive oil, oregano, and pepper. Mix thoroughly and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Place eggplant mixture, with liquid, in baking pan. Bake in preheated 425° oven for 25 minutes. Stir every 5 to 6 minutes. About 10 minutes before eggplant is completely cooked, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Add tomatoes and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. At the same time, cook pasta in pot of boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and divide cooked pasta on 4 serving plates. Cover pasta with roasted eggplant. Cover with equal portions of tomato-garlic mixture and top with parsley. Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Serves 6.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!