- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 6 Tbs. shortening
- 4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 2 Tbs. active dry yeast
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 3 Tbs. ground cinnamon (for topping)
- 6 Tbs. white sugar (for topping)
- In the pan of a bread machine, add ingredients in the order shown. Use the “dough” setting.
- When dough is finished, heat 1 inch of oil in a deep frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into thin rounds. Fry 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Drain ears on paper towels. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and sugar.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!