- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup ground oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Small containers with lids
- Combine all ingredients using a spatula in a large bowl until well blended.
- Mix should have a paste-like texture.
- If it is too dry, add more oil a few drops at a time.
- Conversely, if it is too oily, add more dry ingredients until you reach the desired consistency.
- Keep stored in tightly sealed jars.
- May need to mix before use if ingredients settle.
- Application: Gently apply to wet skin in a circular motion, concentrating on dry patches and rough areas of your skin.
- Avoid using the scrub on sensitive areas, in cuts or on skin that is irritated or sunburned.
- Sugar scrubs are also not recommended for the face.
- Thoroughly rinse with warm water.