- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 16 oz. frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups (slightly heaping) fresh peaches
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Pastry for 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in berries, peaches, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell. Top with thin pats of butter, add top crust. Crimp edges and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes with foil wrapped edges, remove foil for final 10 minutes to brown the edges