- 3 large carrots, scrubbed or peeled
- The juice of one lime and grated zest of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts (if you like peanuts)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grate the carrots on the large holes of the box grater.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest, honey, salt, mint, and peanuts. Taste the salad. Do you think it needs more lime? Mint? Honey? Salt? If so, add it, and taste again.
- Serve right away or store, covered in the refrigerator, up to 3 days.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!