- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels, cut from cob (6 to 8 ears)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Butter sides and bottom of 2 1/2-quart (9 x 13 inch) baking dish.
- Melt butter in very large sauté pan.
- Sauté corn and onion over medium high heat 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, half and half and sour cream in large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked corn mixture and cheese.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Place baking dish in larger pan; fill larger pan with hot water 1/2 way up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top begins to brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!