- 3-4 lg. potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onions on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/3 the cheese and 1/2 the herbs.
- Repeat layers, then top with the last 1/3 of the potatoes, layering potatoes so that there is a solid layer of potatoes with no gaps; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Stir together stock, Dijon and garlic salt and pour over the potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH until internal temperature registers 165°F on a food thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover due to steam build-up and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!