- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat penne or rotini pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove fat from chicken on a cutting board and cut meat into bite sized pieces.
- Wash hands.
- Begin heating water to boiling in a large pot for pasta.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high.
- Add chicken cubes to skillet when oil is hot and stir to coat with oil.
- Cook the chicken for 20 seconds before stirring again.
- Cook the chicken for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Turn the chicken cubes every 20 to 30 seconds.
- Remove chicken from skillet when it is done cooking and is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover it to keep it warm.
- Cook the pasta using directions on package.
- Add the frozen broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the water from the pasta and broccoli.
- Return food to the pot.
- Do not cover.
- Add the milk and cream cheese to the skillet.
- Stir the mixture constantly over low heat.
- The mixture will thicken and be smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stir mixture.
- Then add cooked chicken and heat mixture.
- Combine meat mixture with the pasta and broccoli mixture.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!