- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 3 chicken breasts pounded evenly
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or marsala cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minded
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked per package directions
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, stemmed and chopped
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, thyme, pepper and sugar. Coat chicken in flour mixture; reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 F, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add wine; stir to scrape browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir reserved flour mixture into broth.
- Add broth, mushrooms, onion and garlic; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl; season with pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken. Add chicken, sauce and spinach to pasta; toss until well combined and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!