- 3/4 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Pierce sweet potato with fork and place on paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally. Remove drippings
- Add tomatoes, black beans and chipotle peppers. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add sweet potato; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.