- 1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 ¼ cup 100% Florida orange juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- Toasted coconut for garnish, optional
- Orange slices, quartered, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, orange juice, oil, eggs and coconut.
- Beat with mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tin and place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with Orange Butter Cream Frosting; sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with orange slice, if desired.
Orange Butter Cream Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Beat on low speed with mixer.
- Increase speed gradually and beat until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl often.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!