- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 bottle (1 oz) red food color
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 3 bags (14 oz each) white or green candy melts or coating wafers
- red sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, food color and cocoa with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Remove cake from pan and crumble into large bowl; stir in frosting. Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; place on cookie sheets.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, tapping off excess and taking care not to get crumbs in coating. Return to cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sugar before coating sets.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!